top of page



Express Entry is an online system that is use to manage applications for permanent residence from skilled workers.

How Express Entry works:

Step 1: Find out if you’re eligible – Contact us

Step 2: Get your documents ready – If you are eligible

Step 3: Submit your profile

Step 4: Receive an invitation and apply for permanent residence

Express Entry manages applications for three economic immigration programs:

      Federal Skilled Worker Program

      Federal Skilled Trades Program

      Canadian Experience Class

Federal Skilled Worker Program :

This program has minimum requirements for:

Skilled work experience - means that you’ve worked for at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week) in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:

  • Managerial jobs (skill type 0)

  • Professional jobs (skill level A)

  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)

Language ability – You must get a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities, which means you need to get minimum 6 bands in each module. Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result. They must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.

Education - If you went to school in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:

  • secondary institution (high school) or

  • post-secondary institution

If you have foreign education, you must have:

  • a completed credential, and

  • an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes from a designated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:

    • secondary institution (high school) or

    • post-secondary institution

Proof of funds :

You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada, unless you:

  • are currently able to legally work in Canada

  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada


Admissibility :

You must be admissible to Canada.

You must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible.

Federal Skilled Trades Program :

To be eligible under this program, you must

  • meet the minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for speaking and listening, and Canadian Language Benchmark 4 for reading and writing

  • have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply

  • meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification, except for needing a certificate of qualification

  • have a

    • valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year or

    • certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority


Canadian Experience Class :

 The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience.

You can qualify for CEC if you have:

  • Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or

  • Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs

  • have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply in

  • managerial jobs (skill level 0)

  • professional jobs (skill type A)

  • technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)

  • and the work experience must be:

    • full-time, or

    • an equal amount in part-time

  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada legally


Book an appointment TODAY to speak to an Immigration professional to find out your eligibility and get answers to all your questions.

Express Entry
bottom of page